Personal Empowerment - FAQS
What is a Personal Empowerment Business Coach?
- A Personal Empowerment Business Coach is your advocate to empower you to reach your personal and business goals
- A Personal Empowerment Business Coach will work with you to develop a personalized plan of action around your specific needs.
- The process of developing this plan of action starts with you completing an in-depth survey/goal form to help you and your coach understand your current needs and desired future goals.
- Through planned activities, hand-selected educational resources and other methods, your coach works one-on-one with you to get you "just what you need when you need it!"
- Our aim is to help you build the critical skills in setting and reaching your goals so you can "help yourself" in the future.
- We help you focus on ideas and strategies, however in the end, the choice and the pace are always set by you, our client.
What Can a Personal Empowerment Business Coach Do for You?
- For the average person, life can be a dizzyingly-busy whirlwind of obligations, responsibilities and priorities.
- Amidst all of this craziness, many of us have our physicians telling us we need to make some changes - or else!
- We know that all we really need do is get a little more active and eat a little better, but in this hectic day and age, these little changes can seem awfully intimidating and difficult to incorporate into our lives.
- Your caregiver coach empowers you to stay on track and achieve greater success in reaching your goals.
- A caregiver coach has one interest in mind: keep you in a state of wellness, or get you there if need be.
- According to Anne Helmke at the National Wellness Institute, "Coaching provides a positive connection a supportive relationship between the coach and the person who wants to make a change. That connection empowers the person being coached to recognize and draw on his or her own innate ability and resource to make lasting changes for better health and well-being."
How does the Coach accomplish this?
- The coach helps the client to set both short and long term goals, sets action plans, monitors progress in goal attainment, and develops strategies to utilize the clients strengths most effectively. All of these together maximize the clients potential to achieve desired outcomes.
- The first step in the coaching process is to have the client fill out assessment forms.
- Based on these results, the coach and client work together to develop goals.
- Reaching these goals is accomplished one small positive step at a time
Why we need a Coach
- Life is busy. We're spending so much time doing for others we tend to forget about ourselves. Suddenly, one day we wake up and realize we don't feel as well as we used to. We're heavier, more stressed, and never seem to be able to get enough sleep.
- Now we've got blood pressure issues and our cholesterol is high.
- When we look in the mirror we're not seeing the same person we used to. She was pretty. And thin. Now we can't bear the thought of swimsuit season. And it's getting harder to walk up a flight of stairs. It is embarrassing when you're huffing and puffing.
How will I benefit from Coaching?
- Most caregivers are in the unique position of going through what appears to be a “normal” life and suddenly finding themselves taking care of a loved one because of accidents, disease, or simply age. Because of this, many do not have the tools to deal with the new experiences they must endure.
- A "new normal" must be created in their lives. Living with the restrictions placed upon the loved one, changes in personality, or changes in physical or mental capabilities causes relationships to change. What once was an adult to adult relationship will at times become a parent to child relationship because of the limitations placed on the ill or disabled.
- Caregiver Coaching is a powerful partnership between two capable individuals. We co-create this "new normal" to reduce stress, improve your relationships, achieve balance, or overcome other difficult obstacles.
- Caregiver Coaching is a unique relationship that provides an outside perspective, unconditional encouragement, and a safe, judgment-free environment for you to experiment with new ways of thinking, being, and acting.
What makes Coaching different from counseling or therapy?
- Personal Empowerment Coaching is neither counseling nor therapy. While there are some similar characteristics, i.e. , one-on-one dialog, ongoing support, and strict confidentiality, the differences are critical.
- "Coaching is an action-oriented partnership that, unlike psychotherapy, which delves into patterns of the past, concentrates on where you are today and how you can reach your goals." - Time.com
- Therapists work with clients that need professional help to work towards healing, recovery, and issue resolution often delving into the client's past to determine cause.
- Personal Empowerment Coaches work with clients who want a detached partner to help them evolve and enhance their lives, concentrating more on what can be done today to achieve goals and desires.
- Therapists are experts in medical and/or behavioral sciences trained to treat diagnosable conditions using resources like the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual (DSM).
- Personal Empowerment Coaches see their client's brilliance strengths, and areas in need of development and are trained to support the client as they achieve a certain desired outcome.
- Therapists are required to keep their personal experiences, feelings, and thoughts removed from the relationship with the client.
- Personal Empowerment Coaches use personal disclosure as a tool to motivate and challenge their clients.
How does Personal Empowerment Coaching work?
- You, the client, bring to the process your specific topic or challenge area, the "agenda." Everything in this relationship is about you: your ideas, your victories, your challenges, your commitment to positive change, your authentic self.
- As your Coach, I listen to your words, vocal inflection, energy level, thoughts, emotions, and actions. I hear what you say and what you don't say. As I listen, I ask direct and thought provoking questions designed to help you listen to yourself more closely and discover the truths you already know about yourself and your life.
- My job is not to give advice or solve your problems. Instead, I help you uncover your own wisdom, cultivate your authentic self, and identify concrete ways to meet your goals. I also support you by holding you gently accountable to your commitment of the actions steps.
Where does the Coaching take place?
- Coaching is done over the telephone. This gives you the advantage of coaching from the convenience of your home, office, or wherever you happen to find yourself. In fact, many of my clients are from out of state.
What if I decide I have other issues I would like to be coached on?
- That is not a problem. I am a Business Coach specializing in Time Managment, Stress Managment and I am a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Although my focus is on Coaching for small business owners, I am able to coach you on other topics which meet your needs.
Is the coach/client relationship confidential?
- Your information and all coach/client interactions will be strictly confidential. This information will not be sold, given, transferred, or used in any way without your express permission.
Do you offer any bonuses?
Yes. I will give you one free session for every client you refer to me who signs up and pays for at least one month of coaching with me.
How can I find out if Coaching with Personal Empowerment is right for me?
Contact us for an appointment to explore your needs and find out if Personal Empowerment Business Coaching is right for you.